Bird Identification Class
Test your bird ID skills
Are you new to birding in Florida? Wondering where to begin?
Join Manatee County’s foremost and most entertaining team of experienced birders as they discuss the art and science of bird watching as no one else can.
Learn about bird identification, choosing and using binoculars and field guides, and much more.
Instruction takes place BOTH in a classroom and on 2 full-day field trips to the best birding spots in the area with the best birders in the county.
· Learn to develop a practiced eye and ear.
· Meet new friends and change the way you spend time outdoors.
· Learn which birds live in key birding hot spots…and why they chose those habitats.
Be forewarned: this class has hooked hundreds on the lifelong adventure of bird watching!
- Leader: Steve Black, Audubon Master Birder
- Additional Classroom Instructors: Mike & Nancy Barnes; Dee Anna Dowdle
2020 BIRD IDENTIFICATION COURSE — Living in Florida is a natural way to become a “birder” and enjoy an activity that can be shared with the family. You’ll learn from master birders who love to share tips on how to identify different types of birds, habits and their habitats. Both classroom & field trips included in this course.
Classroom sessions held at Hope Lutheran Church (4635 26th St West, just a few blocks south of Cortez Rd. in Bradenton). These 4 2020 evening classroom sessions start at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the following dates
· Monday, January 20th
· Wednesday, January 22nd
· Monday, January 27th
· Wednesday, January 29th
Be sure to bring a notepad and pen / pencil.
There are 2 full day field trips starting early (likely at 7am) on Saturday, Jan. 25 & Saturday, Feb. 1.
During these field trips you'll be in the field with some of the best bird spotters in Manatee County, PLUS you'll visit different habitats so you'll see a wide variety of species in some of the best birding locations. You'll to get practice spotting birds, and applying the species identification tips. Identifying birds is a skill that will improve more & more as you continue your fun while birding.
· $50 for Manatee Audubon members who have already paid their 2020 membership dues.
· $75 for non-members (which includes your 2020 Manatee Audubon membership dues and 1 seat).
Because of the popularity of this course, we highly recommend securing your seat by signing up for the course online by Left Clicking Here or emailing program chairman & former Manatee Audubon president, Steve Black (firstname.lastname@example.org, AND providing payment weeks before the start of this popular course. Registrations without payment are not complete. (Make checks payable to: Manatee County Audubon Society; note this is for the “Bird ID Course”.)
- You can also pay via PayPal using the link in the section below; simply select the appropriate description for what course you are registering. You can pay with your credit card or your PayPal Account.
- IF you don't have a PayPal user account, you can create one. Visit www.PayPal.com .
- And when you click the link below, you may need to log into YOUR PayPal account if you wish to pay that way rather than with a credit Card.
Questions should be directed to Steve Black. You can reach him by email or phone: 941-376-0110.